In our position as time-served tree surgeons, Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery recognises that the work we undertake in Guildford and the surrounding areas carries inherent risks. Whether working on the ground with powerful machinery or carrying out services at height, as tree surgeons we remain nothing less than completely dedicated to Health & Safety legislation. As a Lantra and NPTC-accredited company, we can assure our clients that each member of our team has undergone training to industry-leading standards. With safety a primary concern during stump grinding, tree felling, hedge cutting or any other tree surgery service, our record in that area speaks for itself.
For the peace of mind of our clients in Guildford, we have listed below a selection of the most pertinent Health & Safety legislation that our tree surgeons work with on a daily basis.
Safety Regulations for Tree Surgery Services
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 – In our role as tree surgeons, we conduct risk assessments for each work site that we visit in the Guildford area before undertaking any stump grinding, hedge cutting or tree felling.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 – The tree surgery services that we provide require the use of chainsaws and other powerful machinery. Adherence to this regulation minimises the dangers associated with such tools.
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 – By complying with the guidelines set down in this legislation, Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery ensures the continued safety of ladders, climbing harnesses and similar equipment used to work above ground level.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 – We ensure that our tree surgeons receive relevant PPE for their stump grinding, tree felling and hedge cutting work in Guildford. From safety helmets to eyewear, we are fully protected.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulation 1998 – Some tree surgery, tree felling and hedge cutting work in Guildford requires the use of hydraulic lifts. Understanding of this legislation ensures the safe use of such machinery.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 – The tree surgery work that we perform in Guildford can produce harmful substances like sawdust and petrol fumes. We ensure the safety of our tree surgeons by structuring training in line with these regulations.
By complying with these regulations at all times, we provide ourselves with a platform to create outstanding results. Whether we carry out stump grinding, hedge cutting, tree felling or one of our other tree surgery services, a safe foundation allows our tree surgeons the freedom to concentrate on their work.
If you’d like to view examples of the results we achieve in Guildford and the surrounding areas, please visit the portfolio page.