Hedge Cutting, Tree Felling & Stump Grinding in Guildford | Maintaining Safety
In our position as a company of time-served tree surgeons, Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery recognises that most work undertaken in the Guildford area carries a certain amount of risk. Because our personnel regularly use powerful chainsaws, stump grinding machinery and hedge cutting tools at ground level, or work at height to perform sectional tree felling operations, we must comply with current safety legislation at all times.
Our tree surgeons work to NPTC, LANTRA and HSE directives, and undergo further training to keep abreast with changes to industry standards. Safety is a primary concern during tree felling, stump grinding and hedge cutting operations, and with all other types of formative pruning and tree surgery work.
At Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery, we believe that our safety record speaks for itself. To reassure our many customers and clients in the Guildford area, the section below lists a selection of the most pertinent safety regulations that tree surgeons throughout the UK adhere to on a daily basis.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 – In our capacity as tree surgeons, we conduct risk assessments at all sites we visit across the region before starting a tree felling, stump grinding or hedge cutting project.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 – Some tree surgery services require the use of chainsaws and powerful stump grinding machinery. Adherence to these regulations minimises the many dangers associated with machinery use.
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 – By complying with these regulatory guidelines, Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery safely manages the use of ladders, climbing harnesses and rigging tools during its pruning, tree felling and hedge cutting work.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 – Our company supplies its tree surgeons with PPE for use on tree surgery, tree felling and stump grinding projects in Guildford. Helmets, gloves and eyewear keep personnel safe and protected.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – Some tree surgery and hedge cutting work in Guildford requires the use of hydraulic lifts. Understanding these guidelines is important for the safe use of lifts and access equipment.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 – Our tree surgeons encounter harmful substances on a daily basis, such as sawdust and petrol fumes from road traffic. We preserve the safety of our team by working to COSHH regulations.
These regulations help Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery to provide a safe, positive working environment for its tree surgeons. Tree felling and stump grinding work, in particular, present a series of hazards because of machinery use. Similarly, formative pruning and hedge cutting work in Guildford requires our personnel to work at height.
It is vital that we enable all company employees to do their jobs without fear of injury or harm, and we can only do this by operating a safety-focused company that makes the welfare of its people, and of its customers and their personal property, an absolute priority.
To book in for tree felling, stump grinding and hedge cutting services, anywhere in Guildford, call Surrey & Sussex Tree Surgery on 01403 753395 or 07787 553175.